Topics

Psyllium husk source?

J Foust

Good evening!

Where do you source your psyllium husk?

I noticed the walmart brand lists the first ingredient as sucrose.  Not sure if that’s so great.

Thanks!

I’m wanting to try it for a fecal water issue. My new batch of hay went from 6.1% sugar/starch to 9.1%.  I’m wondering if that’s the issue or the fact my old IR guy is slowly loosing his teeth.
--
Joella Foust
Montana

Bronwynn
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Joella%20and%20Bronwynn/Bronwynn/Bronwynn%20Case%20History.pdf
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=91706&p=pcreated,,,20,2,0,0
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Joella%20and%20Bronwynn/Hay%20Analysis/Lewistown%20Hay%202018.pdf

Negrette, Oliver, Riley, Graybee, Diesel, Zsa Zsa, Bronwynn
Asleep: Hunter, Snip, Houston, Frisky, RyeLee, #5

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

https://uckele.com/psyllium-husk-fiber-5lbs.html with 5% discount for ECIR members - use coupon code ECIR.

BTW, the jump in sugar is typical of P fertilization.

J Foust

Super! Thank you!!
--
Joella Foust
Montana
2015
27y owner
13y trim own
11y rehabs

Bronwynn
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Joella%20and%20Bronwynn/Bronwynn/Bronwynn%20Case%20History.pdf
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=91706&p=pcreated,,,20,2,0,0
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Joella%20and%20Bronwynn/Hay%20Analysis/Lewistown%20Hay%202018.pdf

Negrette, Oliver, Riley, Graybee, Diesel, Zsa Zsa, Bronwynn
Asleep: Hunter, Snip, Houston, Frisky, RyeLee, #5

cathi cline

I too would like a source of low starch psyllium husk. Using Equess which is 22% starch.

Cathi Cline
Sacramento, CA

Joined 2013
Olympus 2012-2019

--
CCline
Sacramento, CA

Equss contains wheat products, which is what is bumping up the starch. Most human products have sugar added.

Cheri Tillman-Anderson

I switched to SU-PER Psyllium after I found out that Equess was so high in starch.  I think there is an analysis on SU-PER in the files ...:
--
Cheri
May 2020 New Mexico

Pamela Swartz

Wondering what people think of this product from Stateline Tack? AniMed™ AniPsyll   https://www.statelinetack.com/item/animed-anipsyll-digestive-aid-supplement/E001599/#LongDescr
Lists the ingredients as: Psyllium, Roughage (all natural plant fiber)
--
Pamela Swartz/Vinda, RIP, the most awesome Icelandic ever (even though she bucked me off)
Nevada City, CA

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Pamela,

The psyllium is being diluted by some undisclosed "roughage", possibly alfalfa for palatability. Judging by the dosage, this product  may only be 50% or so psyllium.

Pamela Swartz

Thank you, Dr. K!
--
Pamela Swartz/Vinda, the most awesome Icelandic
Nevada City, CA