Psyllium Supplement that is Safe?

Robin

Our dry lot is sandy and I wanted to use a sand clear type of product. Can anyone recommend one that is pallatable yet low sugar/starch so that it is safe for IR/Cushings minis/ponies?
--
Robin

Aiken, SC 2022

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Robin%20and%20Hogan

https://uckele.com/psyllium-husk-fiber-5lbs.html with 5% discount for ECIR members - use coupon code ECIR.

Robin

Robin, in addition the the Uckele product, which you can count on for quality, you can use psyllium husk from a health food store or Amazon

We have several analyses of pelleted products in the Files. https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/9c%20Analyses%20of%20Various%20Feeds/4.%20Psyllium

Most are relatively safe with one glaring exception of a pellet with shockingly high starch. I used to mix the pellets with psyllium husk bought in bulk.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

It's best to wet it before feeding, and mix into a meal.