From: kell@epix.net
To: EquineCushings@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:37 PM
Subject: [EquineCushings] Question for Canadian Horse Owners

Any of you with either confirmed Cushing's or laminitic horses/ponies
feeding no grain and grass hay only that are still having problems
with high insulin?

Eleanor

*PLEASE BE SURE TO EDIT THE LENGTH OF MESSAGES YOU'RE REPLYING TO*

Equine Cushings email addresses:
Post message: EquineCushings@onelist.com
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/EquineCushings

Daune Gatenby

--
Daune and Monty
Southeastern Massachusetts

i have a Canadian horse and still after following all the rules his insulin is high.   I am lost .   As his coffin bone continues it s journey through his foot i find myself at whits end.  And fear the worst is coming.

Sherry Morse

Hi Daune,

Without a case history including current diet information and what the blood test results are we are not going to be able to help you.  Having current trim pictures would also be helpful as we could then advise on what could be done to optimize his trim.

Breed of horse isn't as important as the management of the horse.

Daisy Shepherd

duane,  so sorry for your troubles.  i ,too, have a canadian  for almost 4 years now, he is 14.  so far with ecir help, i have kept him sound, he does have thin soles;  he  goes from compensating to not compensating with his IR, not ppid.  if you have xrays maybe post for lavinia and de kellon;  also in his case history update his weight, exactly what he eats and all supplements.  lavinia, dr kellon and sherry are wonderful to help.  best of luck with monty,  they are wonderful horses.  daisy, tiko, whisper
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Cathie Vincent

I too have a Canadian who is 14. The mare does have thin soles. She also has PSSM but as if yet no IR mostly due to the PSSM diet, very similar to an IR diet.
--
Cathie
February 2018

Katherine Reid

Yes.  Confirmed Cushings, no grain, grass hay only…chronic high insulin.
--
Katie Reid
Ramona, CA