Question on Cushing symptom

Julie Davie

I’m looking at a mini as a companion horse.  The owner told me she gets a weepy eye which she assumed was allergies.  My friend said that this can be a sign of Cushings.  It appears to be just in the one eye.  I am going to have a vet examine her.  The owner said she sheds out in the spring.  Thank you!

Sent from Mail for Windows

Julie D OR 2021

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Julie%20and%20Porter

Sherry Morse

Hi Julie,

The only way you can possibly tell is do blood work for ACTH.  Anything else would be pure speculation.

Lavinia Fiscaletti

And definitely check for EMS/IR as this is a mini.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR