Quick ??s re APF

Joy V

Hi group,

The vet came today and drew blood for another ACTH test.  He and I agree that he will raise Willie's pergolide dose if the result is the same or higher than the previous result in April.  (April result was 26 w/ lab ref range 1-40)

First, should I just get APF?  Or is APF PRO better?  Something else?

Also, when should I start APF?  I searched the messages and the files and got a ton of responses, but did not see when to start it;  i.e. two days prior to the first increase of pergolide? or one day?

Vet said he would increase the pergolide dose from 1.5mg to 2mg.  I assume I should go by .25 increases with a day or so in between each increase?

I'm reasonably sure the dose will be getting increased so I want to be ready.  Willie did have some veil symptoms last increase, so I'm hoping to avoid that.

Thanks all, in advance, for the help.  I'm grateful!

Joy
--
Joy and Willie (EC/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019

Case history:  Willie's Case History
Willie's photo album:  Willie's Photos

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Joy, I have had good success with APF Pro, but I am sure the others are just as good. I get mine in Amazon as I find it is the best price with the fastest shipping.

I have been starting 3-4 days from the begin of the increased pergolide and I was using .60mg cp capsules to do the increase. We maybe had a slight veil at day 3, but nothing major and only lasted a day.

Hope that helps.  Thanks Nan

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca