Rate of Weight Loss

Jeanine

Currently in the process of starting our Molly mule on pergolide. I've been devouring the information posted in this group to start to educate myself on this disease. However, is it typical that this disease can have such a dramatic effect in terms of weight loss so quickly? Over the course of 4-6 weeks she has lost a tremendous amount of weight & topline muscle. She looked amazing when we purchased her and her pasture mate in August.

**Teeth floated
**Dewormed
**Blood work complete - showing low levels indicating start of Cushings

--
Jeanine W. in WI 2021

Jeanine

**CORRECTION**  She was started on "prascend" NOT pergolide.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 11:06 AM Jeanine Wilund <jeanine.wilund@...> wrote:
Currently in the process of starting our Molly mule on pergolide. I've been devouring the information posted in this group to start to educate myself on this disease. However, is it typical that this disease can have such a dramatic effect in terms of weight loss so quickly? Over the course of 4-6 weeks she has lost a tremendous amount of weight & topline muscle. She looked amazing when we purchased her and her pasture mate in August.

**Teeth floated
**Dewormed
**Blood work complete - showing low levels indicating start of Cushings

--
Jeanine W. in WI 2021

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Prascend is pergolide - same thing.

Yes, PPID can do that, although there were likely less obvious changes earlier too.