Topics

Re= Question About Pergolide In A Treat

suewilliams@...

I put the capsules in an ulcergard syringe that I have washed out. I add Peppermint flavoring or another flavor available from Uckele-a wonderful alternative for flavor without sugar. I have not had problems!

Hope you have good luck!

--
Sue and Elsa
California, 2019

Lynn

Thanks Sue. Knowing how much Relevante loves hay - my caregiver told me today that she made a small hay "ball" with the capsule inside and fed it to him. He snarfed it up without thinking twice. So we'll see how long this lasts...LOL...Unfortunately the barn owner does not want to get into syringing so I hope this approach lasts for a while.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

Trisha DePietro

Hi Lynn. You and I must own the same horse....I have tried numerous renditions of treats.  Here's what I have tried in the past.
00 size vegan capsule to hide the pill in...worked for a little while.
melt stabul 1 treats any flavor and mix prascend in to regular carrier- make a well in the center of the carrier feed that is all mixed up and wet, place the melted stabul 1 and the prascend in the well and cover slightly with the rest of the moistened carrier.
Mary's Gone Crackers and almond butter - take one cracker,break in half, place small dab of almond butter on cookie, add the prascend and put other half of cracker on top and hand feed it- introduce the crackers and the almond butter separately and make it like a really really big deal and fun to get this "treat"- but really believe it too , because they will see right through you!!!!!
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018

Lynn

Hi Trisha,

We must have! I love Mary's Gone Crackers for myself and buy them all the time. Never thought of that. I'll have to try one and see what he does.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio