Request help with feed schedule on Blood Draw Day

taskerudet

Hello,

I am trying out a new veterinarian on August 9.  She will be drawing blood for ACTH, Glucose & Insulin that will be shipped to Cornell.  The appointment time is between 11 AM and 1 PM.  I want to get the feeding timed correctly so this element of the equation is not called into question.  Crackers’ normal feeding schedule is below.  I would really appreciate specific details on rearranging his feeding schedule for test day.

Normal Morning Feeding Routine (His night time soaked/rinsed orchard grass is most likely gone by midnight)

6:30 AM  Snack of 6 to 7 oz. Non-soaked Orchard Hay

9:00 AM  Syringed Compounded Pergolide followed by 7 oz. (dry measure) R/S/R Beet Pulp with minerals and supplements

10:30 AM  Soaked and Rinsed Orchard Hay 1 lb. 15 oz.

Is there anything I should ask the vet directly prior to the blood draw?  Also, is it appropriate to supply a copy of my ECIR Case History to the vet?

Thank you.

--
Ellen and Crackers
July 2011, Goldendale, WA

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

That feeding program looks fine. You can certainly offer your ECIR history to your vet.

taskerudet

Thank you Dr. Kellon.  Happy not to have to alter his schedule for testing day.  I was concerned that BP would be considered a meal too close to the 4 hour window.  Now no worries!