Scout Blood test results

Suzy Berkowitz

Hi. I just got the results back from July 25th. ACTH- 21.5 pg/ml. Insulin- 79.30ulU/ml. Triglycerides 110mg/dl.
I switched to 7mg pergolide capsules from the 5mg prascend I was giving him. Scout’s previous result on June 20th was 41.3, so it looks like the cp is working. The insulin did increase from his previous result on June 13th which was 52.61. The Triglycerides dropped from 227. He is getting approximately 115mg invokana daily. Should I keep the invokana  the same? Thanks

Suzy in Fl 2020
Scout Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Suzy%20and%20Scout
Scout Photos:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=260915

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I suspect the seasonal rise is playing a role in this. With his age, I'd push the pergolide up another 1 or 2 mg. Invokana dose looks right. What is he eating?

Suzy Berkowitz

Scout eats 4.5 cups stabul 1 divided into 3 servings daily. These meals he gets separated from Ziggy the mule, so I know he is getting it. I feed 1.5 pounds beet pulp and 3 pounds Triple Crown balance cubes 3x daily that they can share.
--
Suzy in Fl 2020
Scout Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Suzy%20and%20Scout
Scout Photos:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=260915

Suzy Berkowitz

Dr Kellon, I forgot to ask, will increasing the pergolide help bring the insulin down further? Even though his ACTH is at 21.5. I still have 39 prascend tablets so I can add to the 7mg compounded pergolide Scout is currently getting.Should I add 1or 2 mg? Thank you
--
Suzy in Fl 2020
Scout Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Suzy%20and%20Scout
Scout Photos:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=260915

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Impossible to predict that Suzy, but you could try adding 0.5 mg which would take you through the seasonal rise.

Suzy Berkowitz

I added 1mg prascend to his dose. Thank you for your help