De: "Nancy C" <threecatfarm@cyberpine.net>
À: main@ECIR.groups.io
Envoyé: Mardi 27 Juillet 2021 18:49:15
Objet: [Special] [ECIR] ECIR Group 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference -- Early Bird Expiring soon!

Early Bird pricing expires next Saturday, 07.31.21, midnight EDT.

Genetics and Exercise — two exciting topics that have come up recently in conversation here, almost every day. Based on comments when registering, understanding the impact of each on EMS has attendees excited to learn more. Each of these two featured speakers have dedicated their focus to these two topics. Have a look:

Shannon Pratt Phillips, MS, PhD, PAS — On Exercise

* The Effect of Exercise on Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Sensitivity in the Horse . This presentation will focus on the basic science of glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity, and how exercise — both acute (e.g., a one-time exercise bout) and chronic exercise (e.g., exercise conditioning) — affects it. It will summarize relevant research in this field, and will provide up-to-date information for horse owners and veterinarians about the importance of exercise for their horses.
* Strategies for Using Exercise as Part of Dietary Management for Overweight and/or Insulin Resistant Horses . This presentation will be a more practical guide for increasing exercise in our horses and how the combination of dietary restriction and exercise can have an impact on weight-loss efforts and glucose metabolism.

Elaine Norton, DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM-LA — On Genetics

* The Genetics of EMS. We have suspected for over a decade that genetics contributes to Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS). However, we are just now discovering the full impact of genetics on this syndrome. This talk will focus on the heritability of EMS, as well as identified regions of the genome impacting this disease.
* The Impact of Genetics on Height and Insulin Dysregulation in Welsh Ponies. Ponies have unique metabolic profiles and are at the highest risk of developing Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS). However, we have yet to determine why ponies have such a unique metabolic profile. This talk will focus on a recently identified genetic variant affecting both height and insulin dysregulation in a population of Welsh ponies.
Just 17 days until the NO Laminitis! Conference opens. Just 16 days until the Conference Orientation hour from your hosts, Cindy and Sherry, on Thursday night.

Full schedule here: https://www.nolaminitis.org/conference-schedule.php

When: The weekend of August 13 - 15, 2021.

Where: ECIR Virtual Conference Room at the location of your choice.

Registration: https://www.nolaminitis.org/registration.php

Thanks to all who have registered already! It is a joy to see your response.

As always, many thanks to our generous Benefactors who strongly support the needs of the ECIR Group members.

DIAMOND
California Trace
Soft-Ride Equine Comfort Boots
Auburn Laboratories, Inc. - APF
ForagePlus
Uckele
Mad Barn
Custom Equine Nutrition - VT Blend
HorseTech

PLATINUM
Black Horse Spirit, LLC
Progressive Hoof Care Providers

GOLD
Anderson Feed - NuZu Feed
Omega Fields
Equi-Analytical
My Best Horse
Hay Chix
Island Pharmacy
Beet-E-Bites
Triple Crown
Pure Sole
Ontario Dehy

SILVER
Sox for Horses

BRONZE
New England Equine Balance
Yank Gulch Equine
Great Plains Forage Balance
Ration Plus

On behalf of your hosts,
Cindy McGinley and Sherry Morse,
and
the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference Committee.
--
Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

--
-Deborah and Baladin.

August 2016,
Drôme, France
Baladin Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Deborah%20and%20Baladin%20-%20Veloutine%20-%20Eglantine/Baladin
Baladin's Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=70560

Nancy C

Hi Deborah

I believe you mean real-time captioning in English, correct? Please verify.

I am checking with our tech pros.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 13-15, ECIR Virtual Conference Room