Topics

Seeking help to balance minerals to my hay analysis for PPID/IR mare

Pat Gauvreau

Needing help for Savannah again.
Wondering if mineral balancing is the missing link to Savannah’s problems. (Very sore on Right Front, puffy over eyes, loose manure, and not into her mash like she usually is so I added 2 Tbsp Guinness Beer yesterday and she ate it).
I’ve been using Amino Trace Plus (which I just ran out of) so want a custom mix for my hay analysis on file (Dairy One 2019 - Timothy)
Based on what I’ve been reading on ECIR and elsewhere, I think she needs much higher zinc, copper and manganese to achieve better results with her feet.
Willing to pay someone to formulate balanced minerals specifically for PPID/IR horses as I have no aptitude for calculating myself.
The alternative is to reorder Mad Barn Amino Trace Plus and find a supplier of individual minerals I could add to that.
In the meantime I’ll give Savannah what my other horse gets, which is Calf Manna.
To combat the seasonal rise I’ve increased pergoloide from 3 mgs to 4 mgs but that hasn’t resulted in any improvement in puffy eyes, so planning to increase to 4.5 mgs next week.

--
Pat and Savannah
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Pat%20and%20Savannah
Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=22028&p=pcreated,,,50,2,0,0

Lorna

Hi Pat,

Check out our Files. Scroll down to number 6, Diet Balancing, for help with this.
Alternatively Mad Barn will do a custom mix for you ,as well.

--

Lorna Cane
Ontario, Canada

Pat Gauvreau

Dr Kellon,
Can you please help me?  Do I have to take the course on mineral balancing? I’m not good with math calculations. I would prefer to pay you to do it for me so I can get Savannah on the right mineral balancer for my hay. She’s definitely lacking something. Been on Amino Trace Plus for over a year. The hay analysis is on file.
Thanks very much.

--
Pat and Savannah
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
January 2018

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Pat%20and%20Savannah
Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=22028&p=pcreated,,,50,2,0,0

Lorna

Hi Pat,

Not Dr. Kellon, but check out our Files.
Scroll down to number 6, Diet Balancing, for help with this.
Alternatively Mad Barn will do a custom mix for you ,as well.

--

Lorna Cane
Ontario, Canada
2002

Lorna

By the way,Pat, I in no way intended to suggest that you not take Dr. Kellon's course!
It's fabulous.

But you said you're not good at math,so having someone balance for you is another way to go.
Dr. Kellon also does balancing for people.

--

Lorna Cane
Ontario, Canada

Pat Gauvreau

Lorna.
I sent Dr Kellon an email yesterday to request her diet and supplement services.