Topics

Selenium supplement

jessica skene

Hi all!

In an other post, i think lorna (but not sure) mentionned she did not gave commercial selenium sup but took selenium yeast directly from mad barn!

so I took a look at my current supplement, sold to
me by my vet... and it is full of grain and molasses (my vet know my mare is laminitic...) maybe he thaught the small quantity we have to give would be ok tho... but

so I look at other supplement many have molasses but mad barn did not... I also looked at belisle and one did not tell something added so I bought this one... but ohhh surprise... canola meal added
one is canola meal other is soybean meal... is one of those is ok? I should give 10 to 15g of supplement daily....
is this ok to give that or should I go to mad barn selenium yeast (do we have to add vit E with that as well as both are like going together?)

thanks
--
Jessica Skene  - Abitibi, Québec, Canada
Sonara => Canadian X QH mare , 13 years old, historic of founder and Laminitis, IR / EMS

october 2017

Link to case history: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/SonaraCaseHistory2019.pdf
Link to album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10295&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Link to hay analysis: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/analysedefoin.pdf

jessica skene

Any taught?
--
Jessica Skene  - Abitibi, Québec, Canada
Sonara => Canadian X QH mare , 13 years old, historic of founder and Laminitis, IR / EMS

october 2017

Link to case history: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/SonaraCaseHistory2019.pdf
Link to album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10295&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Link to hay analysis: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/analysedefoin.pdf

My daughter's mare, Lyric, is PPID and PSSM.  She required lots of E and selenium when she was working. We used the selenium yeast from Platinum and later the Uckele Sel +E linked below.  Once Lyric's PPID was under control and she was semi-retired her selenium and E needs were reduced.  Hope this helps.
Nancy Reed and Jazzi
March 2013
San Diego County

https://uckele.com/e-se-10lbs.html