Topics

sending out cp to test

LJ Friedman

analytical research lsbs Oklahoma??I need to test a K9 carprofen  capsule, and I thought while I’m at it I will test compounded pergolide capsule. I dont remember which lab   most of us use?  a search showed this Ok lab

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

What you need is potency testing - unless you're looking for something else. The lab looks fine but you'll have to call them to make sure they can test for those specific drugs and what sample size they  need.

LJ Friedman

Thank you for the reply about the potency testing. Do you have a lab that you use for potency? For the Pergolide?  aprox cost of test, if known?  thanks

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Nancy C

Hi LJ

We used ARL Bio Pharma in OK. Cost for pergolide testing was $200.  https://www.arlok.com/

For those who may be interested. All tests came back at >90% potency.  We did five tests of caps that were of varying ages but generally ~30 days old. Five caps needed to be submitted for each test.

HTH
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA