Topics

short term insulin intervention

Cassie

Hello!

Ellie just had THO surgery.  Before surgery, she had insulin and glucose bloodwork done and both of which are higher than ideal (I don't have the numbers yet). I forgot to request ACTH, but I raised her Prascend to 2mg for the seasonal rise.

Before surgery Ellie was in regular work 4 times per week and is reasonably fit.  Lean body condition, but a mild crest and fat pockets.  Hay is being soaked and we are considering Metformin while she is convalescing.

Are there any emergency intervention options to consider other than Metformin?  I am not sure how long she will be out of work and would like to stay ahead of any issues.

Thank you!

Cassie

--
Cassie

March 2017

Washington

Ellie Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Cassie%20and%20Ellie
Ellie Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10111

Cassie, was the blood draw fro the insulin test done at home, non-fasting (hay for the four hours before blood draw). Or was the blood draw done under other curcumstances, like trailering, strange environment, etc. Because her insulin could rise because of numerous events.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

Cassie

The blood test was done at home, non-fasting.  She was dealing with acute symptoms of the THO, though - facial paralysis and other neurologic symptoms.