Situation change

Ellen and Chance in MO

My previously IR horses are now gone, but I now have a Friesian Cross gelding that is an easy keeper. I’ve been using the same feeding regimen for him that was for my IR horses - 2% body weight hay, and daily feeding of 1 lb timothy pellets with poly zinc, poly copper, MgO, Vit E, and salt - based on last year’s hay analysis.
Should I continue with this regimen or is there something else I should be looking into? He is going out to graze a few hours a day (3 to 4 hrs right now) but I limit him since he does gain weight easily. (Lately I’ve stopped using freshly ground flax seed as I’ve had a hard time finding it.)

Sherry Morse