Stopping Metformin…when to retest?

Anthie Booras

How long should you wait after stopping Metformin to run bloodwork? I’m not sure it’s working so we decided to just stop it and retest. Is a week fine or should I wait two weeks?
--
- Anthie

Northern California
August 2015

Erin's case history:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anthie%20and%20Erin/

The best way to test if it's working is to retest while on it.

Anthie Booras

Edited

We did. It came down initially to the 50’s but she’s been back up in the 70’s/80’s with recent tests. I’ve been working on updating her case history but I haven’t had time to upload it yet. I did a whole series testing her while fasted, at 30 minutes post hay, at 2 hours, at 4 hours, and after 20 minutes of walk/trot. Best insulin of the 5 pulls was the post exercise at 44. All four previous were between 70 and 80. I should have added her insulin 30 minutes after being fed hay was lower than her fasted insulin which surprised me.