Topics

Stumbled across Simply Flax Super Cheap - $13.08

Amy Veatch

Amazon has Manna Pro Simply Flax 8 lb. buckets on sale for $13.08 (with free Prime shipping), as opposed to the $29.99 I pay at TSC.  Since the multi-packs are priced more normally, I am wondering if this is a typo.  In any event, if you need Simply Flax, now is an opportune time to stock up.

https://www.amazon.com/Manna-Pro-0092152592-Simply-Flax/dp/B00474VTZA

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but I saw a great deal and thought it might help out some other flax-feeders out there. :-) (Please delete if not allowed. :-))
Amy (and Max and Princess)
--
Amy & Princess (12 year old KY Mtn Saddle mare) & Max (6 year old mini gelding) - both PPID/IR
Southeast TN, Joined 2019

Max:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Max
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=134444&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Princess:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Pincess

Not breaking any rules but be aware sales like this are often triggered by the product near or at expiration date. Stocking up is not a good idea until you find out.

www.drkellon.com  2 for 1 course sale
EC Owner 2001

Amy Veatch

Amy Veatch

Thanks for the tip!  I'll definitely check it out when they arrive.  The won't last me all that long with 12 head to feed, but they should get me through until I can get bulk flaxseed and my custom mineral blend worked out. :-)

--
Amy & Princess (12 year old KY Mtn Saddle mare) & Max (6 year old mini gelding) - both PPID/IR
Southeast TN, Joined 2019

Max:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Max
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=134444&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Princess:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Pincess

Julie Thomas

Thank you for sharing!  I've been getting my flax from Amazon for a while.  Although not quite as good a deal as the one you found, I get 4-lb bags for $8.53/bag ($0.14/ounce).  I have it set up on the "subscribe & save" program so they auto ship 3 bags every 3 months, which is perfect timing for my 2 horses.  https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Gold-Organic-Flaxseed-Texture/dp/B01KTP3NC2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=SGD3YPT2WTEI&keywords=premium+gold+organic+ground+flaxseed&qid=1573137279&sprefix=premium+gold+%2Caps%2C1927&sr=8-4
--
- Julie Thomas
September 2018, Seabeck, WA

LJ Friedman

I use triple crown golden flax. Formerly omega max. 25 lbs. cost $30.00. Why are these items such a good deal?

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Amy Veatch

I don't have a local supplier for triple crown flax here, so to order it is $50 a bag, so the Simply Flax on sale is less than $2 per lb., which is a  better price for my location. I still may end up better off getting my coop to order whole seed and just feeding more of it. I've got to check with them on pricing. But in the meantime, I've got 9 horses and 3 minis that I'm starting on the new balanced mineral supplements so this will get me going for a few weeks until I come up with the best long term option.
--
Amy & Princess (12 year old KY Mtn Saddle mare) & Max (6 year old mini gelding) - both PPID/IR
Southeast TN, Joined 2019

Max:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Max
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=134444&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Princess:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Pincess

Thanks LJ.  Same price here in North Alabama.

It is a KEEPER in my opinion.   I use the 25 pound bags for my one horse (quarter cup twice a day), and have had no problems with spoilage.

Triple Crown has a great search function on their webpage, type in your zip code, and tell it how many miles you're willing to travel ... all their dealers will show up, then simply call the one closest to you for availablity and price.  Some may have to order for you, some may have in stock.   It has a mfg date on the bag, and I believe it says good for a year.

--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy

actually, it says good for TWO YEARS!!!

--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy

celestinefarm

We need to remember that the two year shelf life guarantee is for an UNOPENED bag. Once you open the bag, air can start to oxidize the flax and cause it to go rancid, especially in warmer weather.  Please evaluate how much flax you actually go through in a month or two and base your purchasing on that. We have had numerous members here over the years report they are puzzled why their horse suddenly won't eat it's supplements, often it's because the flax , either added or made up in supplements has started to go bad.
I keep my flax in sealed , plastic buckets and since my herd is much smaller than a few years ago, I don't buy the big 25 lb or 40 lb bags anymore. It stays fresh and I don't see turned up noses at it.
--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

Amy Veatch

Thanks Ellen! I checked out the search function and there's a coop about an hour away that carries triple crown so I will check them out in the future. In the meantime, the Simply Flax arrived today with a manufacture date if 9-29-19, so the buckets should stay good over the winter if I use them one at a time.
--
Amy & Princess (12 year old KY Mtn Saddle mare) & Max (6 year old mini gelding) - both PPID/IR
Southeast TN, Joined 2019

Max:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Max
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=134444&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Princess:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Pincess

Patricia Evans

Since I only have one horse that gets flax, I remove some and seal the rest and place in a freezer. Has worked well so, no refusal like there was with the end part of a bag I left out too long.
--
Patricia
North central Florida

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Patricia%20and%20Dancer%20and%20Nathan
Dancer:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=66069

Nathan:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=94152

Julie Thomas

Wow, that's a good deal LJ!  I didn't know TC had flax.  I'll check it out.  I like to use organic, non-GMO products whenever possible; I hope they meet that.  I could really use the savings!
--
- Julie Thomas
September 2018, Seabeck, WA
Case Histories: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Julie-Ike-Sparky  .
Ike Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=73042  .
Sparky Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=73044  .

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

There is no GM flax. It's not organic.

www.drkellon.com  2 for 1 course sale
EC Owner 2001

Julie Thomas

Good to know there is no GM flax; one less thing I need to watch for.  Are you saying there is no organic flax?  This is the product I buy (though I get it much cheaper thru Amazon) and it claims to be organic.  https://premiumgoldflax.com/product/pre-ground-organic-flaxseed-4-lbs/
Did i misunderstand your post?

- Julie Thomas
September 2018, Seabeck, WA
Case Histories: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Julie-Ike-Sparky  .
Ike Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=73042  .
Sparky Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=73044  .

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I wasn't saying there is no organic flax - just the TC is not organic. That USDA organic seal is your guarantee.

www.drkellon.com  2 for 1 course sale
EC Owner 2001

LJ Friedman

As dr kellon mentioned, TC gound flax is not organic.   How important is organic concerning flax?

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Organic is no more important for flax than anything else. It's a personal preference.