Support Dr. Kellon and the ECIR Group today.

Nancy C

Has an equine in your life been helped because of the work of Dr. Eleanor Kellon and her volunteers from the ECIR Group?

If so, we’d be grateful if you would share your appreciation for her by voting for her for the Good Works for Horses award, sponsored by AAEP Educational Partner Zoetis.

The Good Works for Horses award honors AAEP-member practitioners whose volunteer efforts are having a positive impact on the equine community. Dr. Kellon was chosen for recognition as a “Place” finalist in June and is now eligible for the Good Works for Horses grand prize, which will be announced in September. We are very proud of her.

In receiving this news, Dr. Kellon has said the important focus is not on herself, but on helping more metabolic equines: "The recognition by the AAEP is for my work with ECIR and spreading that message is important to expanding the reach of ECIR."

To help expand that reach, we hope you will post a message on the AAEP web page under their recognition of Dr. Kellon here: https://www.facebook.com/AAEPHorseDocs/photos/a.347949547690/10158302397522691/

We hope you will continue to vote for Dr. Kellon for the overall award (If you voted for her in June and/or July, you can vote for her again this month). To vote go here: https://aaep.org/good-works-nomination You’ll need her email address and phone number. They are drkellon@... and 717-484-2946.

For more than 20 years Dr. Kellon has been the lead volunteer for the ECIR Group and has supported equines and their people in crisis on a daily basis. Her passion for the welfare of all equines, her knowledge of equine physiology, her willingness to patiently teach and her drive to continue to learn, her ability to cut through the noise, is a skill-set list second to none. All combine to provide support for caregivers during what is too regularly the very difficult experience of dealing with equine metabolic laminitis.

Thanks in advance for your support.
--
Nancy C in NH

debost@...

I tried to vote, but after submit, it just spins until the CAPTCHA button expires.  Repeat.  Repeat.

[...]

Deborah Ostrofsky
Year of joining: 2021
Location: Northwestern Pa

Nancy C

After receiving your message, Deb, I just tried to vote as well, and got the same response.  It may be their server is extra busy. Will try again later.

Perhaps as if not more important through, is to let AAEP know how much you appreciate them selecting Dr Kellon by posting on the FB announcement of her recognition for work with the ECIR Group and how it has helped you. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/AAEPHorseDocs/photos/a.347949547690/10158302397522691/

Thanks for hanging in there!
--
Nancy C in NH

valerie puryear

I just voted , filled out the form, and submitted with no problems!

--
Valerie and Matera
Aug 2018

It was an honor and privilege to vote for Dr. Kellon and share with others my heartfelt thanks and gratitude for all you do!

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

[...]

Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

joykagawa@...

I had to add the "+1" before the phone number as mine kept spinning too.
--
Joy K in CA 2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Joy%20and%20Alabama

Kelly Kathleen Daughtry

I tried several times and had trouble but the site finally let me a few moments ago. Just keep trying.
Kelly & Micah, Clayton NC

April 2016

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20%20Micah

Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=264981

Sharon Bice

Same here - will try again tomorrow

Sharon Bice

--
Sharon Bice
December 2020    Sandia Park, New Mexico

Taillight's Case History:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Taillight%20Case%20History

Taillight's Photo Album:

Donna Coughlin

I added the "+1" as well to the beginning of the telephone number after it wouldn't accept my number. It was really counter-intuitive because there was a US flag emblem, so one would think it wasn't needed....

I had no problem getting through to comment and also to vote again for Dr. Kellon this afternoon.

Hope everyone else can get through!

--
Donna Coughlin, Robin Goodfellow and Ariel Max; Duke (5/21) and Obi (5/17) over the Rainbow Bridge

CT 2009

Jody Gular

Got it.

On Monday, August 8, 2022, 7:32 AM, Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

[...]

Jody G Houston TX, Living the dream, y’all,
Sept 2005

Case History
Co co's Photos

Lynn

Was able to vote again for Dr. K with no problems.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio