Topics

Target's trim

KATHIE DORVAL

I have new pics and x rays of Targets trim on03 20 2020 and can't seem to put them in her album. Martha has been trying to help me but I must be awfully dumb as I am unable to understand how to do it. I am really worried about the x rays as the RF has  worsened since the last x rays. My trimmer is doing what she thinks is right but we are not getting any where, and she is leaving next month. I will have to find someone else, and the choices on Vancouver Island are few. She wants me to make Target move more every day, as that will help the foot remodel. The pulses are quiet, and her blood work is normal, insulin at 52, her weight is good and her crest is soft and getting smaller. Vet is again making noises about letting her go, as she is in such pain. I am so worried about her and what to do but can't get the pics and x rays on site for some mark ups and help about what to do.
--
Kathie with Libby and Sweet P
Cobble Hill, BC, Canada

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Kathie,

Was the most recent trim done before or after the radiographs were taken?

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR

KATHIE DORVAL

Target was trimmed right after the x rays were taken. Both the vet and trimmer were here at the same time.
--
Kathie with Libby and Sweet P
Cobble Hill, BC, Canada
Aug 2018
Case Histories
Target Photos
Sweet P Photos
Addy Photos
Cherokee Photos

Pat Gauvreau

Hi Kathie
I’m on island as well. Same trimmer. I think I can help you upload your photos. I use my iPhone to upload. My mares feet look very similar to yours. Don’t be influenced by your vet to put her down. Lavinia can help if you get the photos uploaded. Email me at pgauvreau@... for my phone number and maybe I can walk you through it over the phone as long as the pics are on your phone. Do you take the pics or the trimmer?  She will email them to you if she took them. If they’re on your phone I can help.
Pat
--
Pat and Savannah
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Pat%20and%20Savannah
Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=22028&p=pcreated,,,50,2,0,0

Thank you so much, Pat!  I’ve wondered about other local members helping Kathie but it didn’t feel right for me to ask.  I did mention that there are a number of you who are members here.  My Nanaimo friend is practicing social distancing there (as are we here) and I would encourage you to do the same.  Good luck!
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Pat Gauvreau

Martha
I’m practicing social distancing. There’s only 1 other person at our private barn and have our own tools and stay away from each other.  We do self board so no one touches our horses but us. Never any visitors. This is a medical emergency for Kathie and Target. I’ll definitely help if I can. I private messaged her with my phone number so hope she call tonight so I can help her upload her recent trim and Xrays.
Pat