Tater hay analysis 11/11/2022

Emma & Tater

Got our hay analysis back from Equi-Analytical! Would love some help understanding it as I am new to this. It looks like the ESC is plenty low, so I am going to start weaning him off the soaked hay.  Link: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Emma%20and%20Tater/Hay%20Analysis/2022-11-11%20Hay%20Analysis.pdf
--
Emma + Tater, probable EMS / IR
joined 10/26/22

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Emma,

Here's a first stop for skimming over your hay analysis: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/285286

Watch for any signs of hoof pain as you stop soaking.  The ESC+starch is 8.2% as fed, which should be ok, but if you see an increase in hoof pain then it is not ok for Tater.  You can also have his insulin and glucose checked after 1-2 weeks of eating the hay unsoaked if you want to really know it's effect on him.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (EMS + PPID) and Snickers (EMS) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Snickers' Case History