Timothy Cubes

Kelly Kathleen Daughtry

All the stores in our area are out of Cubes. Is anyone else in a similar situation or is it simply a local thing?
--
Kelly & Micah, Clayton NC

April 2016

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20%20Micah

Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=264981

Sherry Morse

Are you specifically looking for Triple Crown Naturals Timothy Balance Cubes or generic timothy cubes?

Kelly, we had shortages here in December. I’m just guessing, but I suspect it will be temporary as Triple Crown rolls out its new packaging. https://www.triplecrownfeed.com/products/timothy-balance-cubes/
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

daffy2fergie

Are you willing/able to drive to the Burlington area?   I have been able to get cubes here, although they have been hard to find.   Have you tried the Southern States in Creedmoor?  (They often have them when no one else does.)
--
Gina and Daffy
2005 NC

Sue Ring

Hey Kelly!

I am in Western NC and buy Timothy Balance Cubes regularly.  I was in the feed store buying them last week and noticed that the packaging has changed.  They had them in stock, no sign of a shortage, but I did notice that the packaging had changed and sometimes, for whatever reason, it creates a lag time in restocking.  I for one am hoping that this isn't an ominous sign in a "supply chain" shortage.  You know how us horse owners are, ESPECIALLY those with horses with "special needs".....we'll eat cardboard before we let our beloved critters go without......I'll keep an eye out and thanks for the heads up!!!
--
Sue R in NC 2021

CASE HISTORY:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sue%20and%20Shifty

PHOTO FILES:

Kelly Kathleen Daughtry

I was looking for the Triple Crown. Are there generic cubes that are safe for IR horses?
--
Kelly & Micah, Clayton NC

April 2016

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20%20Micah

Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=264981

Kelly Kathleen Daughtry

I ended up driving to Mocksviille, NC today and picking some up at  the Southern States there. Creedmoor was out.  It was almost a 6-hour round trip drive. As Sue Rig said, we’ll do almost anything for the crazy beasts.
--
Kelly & Micah, Clayton NC

April 2016

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20%20Micah

Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=264981

Tamara Gonsor

Yes, here in Arizona they have been out for weeks. We can ONLY get them from 2 places, now 3. I buy 4 bags at a time. I was in a panic because my IR + PPID gelding is in such a good place currently. Took us so long to get here. If I have to change this huge part of his feed I'll probably have a breakdown.

I did find a few bags at Tractor Supply but they never carried them before. AND Triple Crown changed the bag.

--
Tamara G. in Cave Creek, Arizona 2020
Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Tamara%20and%20Malik

Sue Ring

Kelly,

The Triple Crown Cubes are the ones that I use and they are the ones that changed their packaging.  You could go on their website and call their customer support number or email them.  I have found Triple Crown to be very helpful for any questions I have had regarding products in the past.  Not sure regarding any generics that are similar.....I know some Canadian residents have the option to purchase Ontario Dehydrated Cubes which are similar and can be used, but I am not certain if they are available in the US.
--
Sue R in NC 2021

CASE HISTORY:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sue%20and%20Shifty

PHOTO FILES:

I just placed and order with my local Southern States store. I always order more than I need and only had my IR horse on them so it took forever to go through a bag. But I have a 2nd horse I am now feeding them to so I ordered 5 bags  ( I have 2 on the shelf and 1 opened in the bin) and he said the shipment will come in next week instead of this week due to weather delays we have had in my state. He said he hasn't had issues with them before so I will find out next week. Typically orders on Mondays arrive on Wednesdays but no shipment will be coming this week.
Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

Sherry Morse

To be clear - Ontario Dehydrated Cubes are the exact same product as Triple Crown Natural Timothy Balance Cubes.  Triple Crown is the retailer for the product in the US.

celestinefarm

If anyone is having continuous problems with obtaining Ontario Dehy Timothy Balance Cubes in the USA, I would email Aurelio Henriques, who is the CEO of Ontario Dehy , and ask if he can direct you to whoever is the distributor in your area.  Aurelio is a member here, but adheres to the no advertising of product rules ECIR has in place( for good reason). He is very responsive to requests. Triple Crown is the retailer for Timothy Balance Cubes,( please note, in Canada they are called Timothy Complete) in the USA because they are owned by one of the big conglomerates ( I don't know who at this point in time) and had access to a nationwide distribution network. However, there are still locations where independent distributors supply a state or locale with Ontario Dehy products. Unless it has changed Michigan is also supplied by an independent distributor. That's how I got my  local feed store to carry OTBC and they also now carry the Premium timothy cubes due to demand. I just bought bags from my local feed store and they were well supplied. We are next to Ontario however, so shipping is not as much of an issue as more distant states would be.

About us (ontariodehy.com)

--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

Angie

Our local store was also out.  I had to drive 100 miles to find another store that had them (in the new packaging now).  In the meantime, I fed soaked timothy pellets and added beet pulp pellets.
--
Angie
October 2020, Mendocino County, CA

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angie%20and%20Jacob
Jacob's Photo Album:

Deb Walker

My local feed dealer (little place out in the middle of nowhere) has always been able to get the ODTBC for me. I was a little worried about the supply chain problem as well, and ordered early this time. I get 30 bags at a time and that lasts 3 months *IF* I am lucky. I did contact Aurelio to ask if there was any type of volume discount...there is not. Alas, feeding and medicating my horse costs more than it does to feed me. I also add RSR non molasses beet pulp to help stretch it.

--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Tamara Gonsor

From my understanding regular Timothy pellets have too much sugar for an IR horse. My guy is IR and extremely sensitive to the sugar+starch. The details sheet on Triple Crown Naturals https://www.triplecrownfeed.com/products/timothy-balance-cubes/ is guaranteed below 10% starch and sugar. If I was not able to get this I am not sure what I would feed him.

Is it recommended from the group here to feed regular timothy pellets safely to an IR and PPID horse?

--
Tamara G. in Cave Creek, Arizona 2020
Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Tamara%20and%20Malik
Malik Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=252564

Sue Ring

Hey Angie,

Just in case those of us who feed TC Naturals Timothy Balance Cubes run into a supply issue, what is the ratio of timothy pellets to the beet pulp pellets -- should an "improvisation" be needed??  I normally feed 5 lbs of TC cubes -- 2.5 lbs 2X a day.  Thanks!!
--
Sue R in NC 2021

CASE HISTORY:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sue%20and%20Shifty

PHOTO FILES:

Sherry Morse

For everybody who's asking - Triple Crown Naturals Timothy Balance Cubes are the only ones we recommend in the US because each batch is balanced and is guaranteed to be below our 10% ESC+starch limit.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I'm not sure if this is still the case but Ontario Dehy also used to have US distributors that they supplied directly. If having trouble finding the cubes, contact Aurelio at Ontario Dehy.

Deb Walker

Eleanor Kellon, VMD
6:03am
I'm not sure if this is still the case but Ontario Dehy also used to have US distributors that they supplied directly. If having trouble finding the cubes, contact Aurelio at Ontario Dehy.
Yes. My feed dealer gets them regularly from his supplier. This is in NW Illinois. I would be afraid to try anything else from another feed manufacturer.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Aurelio Henriques

Yes, I can confirm, the Timothy Balance cubes are still available in the Ontario Dehy bag as well, in many States, as before.
There are some supply chain delays presently due to the trucking shortage and the deep freeze at the plant but we are working through these and will get back to normalcy very soon.

Many thanks

Aurelio Henriques,
Goderich Ontario Canada
Aurelio Henriques
Ontario Dehy Inc.
On 01/11/2022 6:18 PM, Deb Walker wrote:

Eleanor Kellon, VMD
6:03am
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History: