trailering laminitc horse

Lesley Bludworth

If anyone has suggestions regarding best practices for trailering a laminitic horse.
I would greatly appreciate the input.
Current plan, cloud boots, deep shavings, 2 horse straight load with ramp.
Questionable about pain meds due to omperazole on board

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ

Frances C

Straight load with buddy, bumper in place. If possible 3' x 3' lightweight perforated rubber mats firmly secured under front feet. Plenty of halter rope for her to use head for balancing.  Can you rig up a breast brace as the most damage would be from fast slowdown. Take least travelled road even if it takes more time.   Hope she defecates well before loading. Good luck!
--
- Frances C.
December 2017, Washington & California

Lesley Bludworth

Thank you, Frances.
I will make the inside as safe as possible for her to lean on and lots of slack in rope

Straight load with buddy, bumper in place. If possible 3' x 3' lightweight perforated rubber mats firmly secured under front feet. Plenty of halter rope for her to use head for balancing.  Can you rig up a breast brace as the most damage would be from fast slowdown. Take least travelled road even if it takes more time.   Hope she defecates well before loading. Good luck!
--
- Frances C.
December 2017, Washington & California

Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

Bobbie Day

Leslie
How did she do?
Everything go ok?

--

Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie

Lesley Bludworth

Hi Bonnie,
Thank you for checking in.
I'm bringing her home Sunday morning, I will let you know!