Trimming for laminitis rehabilitation

daleenringdahl@...

I’m in urgent need of trimming advice after the acute phase of laminitis has passed (occurred after an episode of colic). I suspect sinking has occurred, but with no access to radiographs in Honduras, I cannot confirm this with the little knowledge I have. My horse also has dangerously thin soles. We have no specialized equine vets nor professionally trained farriers here, which leaves me very much in the dark as to what to do next. The horse is on a hay only diet at present, and we’re using EDDS styrofoam pads for him.
--
Daleen Honduras 2022

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Thin soles and sinking are pretty much synonymous. Many farriers are not professionally trained. Try to locate one that has experience with laminitis and keep using those pads.