Topics

Trying Phyto-quench again & questions

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi Dr Kellon,

Now that we have started Invokana and we stopped prascend the same day, Vinnies appetite is almost come back to normal. He is willingly eating all his supps and buckets and is Nickering again when he sees me with his Supps again.  I really think he was experiencing symptoms of the veil even though he should not have been.

So now I am going to try Phyto-quench again for pain, but a question, every time in the past when I start PQ and get him to eat it he seems to get a bit more gastric noise sometimes sounds very gassy.  Has anyone ever reported this with other horses..if pQ doesn't work, is there anything else I can try? He is already on CBD, using neurogan 2 scoops am and pm so about 200mg cbd per day. And he is on movease that does seem to help his hind end arthritis but has never done much for his feet.  PEA also seemed to cause some gastric upset gassy.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

LJ Friedman

Having others mention PEA and gas? I’m sort of losing interest in trying this because I was very excited about trying it but now not so..

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I would hold off on the PQ until you see how he is responding to the Invokana. Give it a week to show improvement. No, I'm not aware of any gassy episodes with either PQ or PEA.

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Thanks Dr Kellon, His crest is already improving...much much softer and there are parts that have "thinned" out like a normal crest.  I am very very hopeful.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Dr Kellon ..what is Invokona used for? Could that be something as an alternative to Metformin?

--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

 I should mention here that an early effect many people report is the horse becoming more perky and willing to move, followed by more obvious improvement in lameness. I think that early attitude change is probably related to pain relief and it just takes a while for them to get over their hesitation about moving out.

Michele,

Yes.

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Dr Kellon,  the next day after we started invokana, that was what I immediately noticed too in Vinnie as well.  Even tho he was having a painful episode he was quite happy and much more jolly.. I do think starting invokana just in time helped reduce some of the symptoms of this laminitis.  Fingers crossed he is back to.feeling better soon.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer