Uckele GUT question please 3x

Bonnie Eddy

I know this isn't an emergency,  but hopefully I can get an answer to my questions. I'm always if doing harm to my horse

Allie has been treated for ulcer symptoms for the past couple of years. Have done all the normal ulcer prevention things. The thing that helped the most for prevention was Mad Barn's Visceral. I've just made the switch to Uckele's GUT for financial reasons, and she is eating it and seems to be maintaining ulcer symptom free. I had to use 1 &1/2 scoops (normal was 1 scoop) of Visceral to maintain Allie, she seems fine so far with 2 heaping scoops GUT (10 days)

Questions, is GUT ok for long term use and is dose appropriate?
Thank you so much,
--
Bonnie with Allie and Racham(over the rainbow) from Southern California, Nov/2016

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bonnie%20and%20Allie
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bonnie%20and%20Racham

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Bonnie,

Yes, GUT is fine long term but how are you diagnosing ulcers and regression of ulcers?

Bonnie Eddy

Thank you Dr Kellon,
She was scoped prior and after extensive gastrogard treatment. Her ulcer symptoms are flank, girth area sensitivity, overly girthy, cranky, nervous. Always helped by first ranitidine,  then the gastrogard treatment. She only had gr. 1, but she is a typical Chestnut Arab mare. Very sensitive.
Visceral was the first product that helped get her off the ulcer meds. Whenever i had tried to dc the Visceral,  symptoms returned. She's been med free for almost a year now.
I've been giving her 2 heaping scoops GUT for 2 weeks now and she's doing well.
Thank you,
I've been giving