uploaded Pictures for Lavinia mark ups

Lesley Bludworth

Hello Lavinia,
When you have time would you make suggestions regarding trims for my mares feet.
Thank you,

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Lesley,

Before we download your photos for Lavinia, could you please go through them and label them according to these instructions:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Hoof-Related-Photo-Instructions
Make sure the date is in the right format:  YYYY-MM-DD

It is also very helpful if you can stand the horse square and include the entire cannon bone in the lateral and dorsal photos.  If you have time to redo them it will help Lavinia.

Let us know when you are done!

Also, when is your next trim scheduled?

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lesley Bludworth

Kirsten,
I can do rasping at any time.
Trimmer is coming in 2 weeks or so.
I will redo pics and lable correctly Monday.
I did take her swimming.
She did great and was so good for her spirit. She is eating all her feed now and is walking confidently, she even got competitive around arriving at the feed bucket first.  I think her pain made her so careful and fearful of creating more pain and the swimming allowed her to move quickly without pain.  The CBD oil also seemed to really help.  I hope the trim helps further these gains!!
Thank you!!

[...]

Glad to hear she's feeling better!  Big sigh of relief!

Let us know when pics are ready.  TIA!

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lesley Bludworth

Thank you Kirsten.
This morning she was 100% her normal self.
Watching her from the house while mixing her gruel, she was in and out of the barn a few times, then standing at the fence, called to me when I opened the door and walked to the gate to meet me. My heart is over joyed and i am so thankful for all the guidance from you and the moderators and Dr. K.
Now to keep her in this direction for life!!

Glad to hear she's feeling better!  Big sigh of relief!

Let us know when pics are ready.  TIA!

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

Kirsten Rasmussen

This morning she was 100% her normal self.
I can't "like" this enough!  :)

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Lesley,

Are you still planning on correcting your photo names so we can download them and get you in the queue for markups?

Please see: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/281961

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lesley Bludworth

Hi Kirsten,
I just got a date for the farrier to come so I will be doing that.
Soon.
Thank you

Are you still planning on correcting your photo names so we can download them and get you in the queue for markups?

Please see: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/281961

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

Kirsten Rasmussen

Ok great!  Lavinia leaves on holidays soon so if you can get it done by Thursday we'll get them downloaded for her so she can try to do them before she goes.  Otherwise you're looking at late Sep/early Oct for markups.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Lesley,

I've added a few mark-us to Sophie's album:

Generally, her toes are too far out ahead of where they need to be, with the breakover needing to be moved back much closer to the tip of the frog. Heels are underrun - RF worse than LF. The June radiographs aren't labeled, so I don't know which one is which. Her toes have gotten longer since those rads were done. There is sinking and thin soles, with ground parallel coffin bones. Trim needs to back the toes up, thru what appears to be the white line at ground level. Flaring on both, with the LF worse than the RF. Soles, bars and frogs need to be left alone.

Combined front radiographs: Blue line is where the toe needed to come back to at that time - it looks like the toes have pulled even further ahead now. Red line shows the need to leave the soles alone as they were already too thin. Yellow line #1 runs thru the coronary band, while #2 points to the extensor process. The distance between them denotes the amount of sinking as they should be overlapping or at least very close together. Orange line shows where her heels should be. Green line is only a visual, not a trim line. On the right side, most is the same but the HPA is slightly broken back. The pink line shows where the pastern bones want to line up and ends where the breakover should be. The purple line shows how they actually do align. Note how the purple line dips slightly back and down, away from the ink line.

LF dorsal: Green lines follow the angle of the new growth toward the ground. Blue areas are the flared material that needs to be cleaned up, more lateral than medial.

LF lateral: Green line shows where the dorsal wall should be. Orange is where the heels should be standing. Blue area is where the toe needs to be brought back to move the breakover back closer to the tip of the frog. Pink line shows the alignment of the pastern bones. Green and orange lines are parallel to this.

LF sole: Everything outside the solid yellow line should be out of ground contact as it is flared and detached wall/toe that isn't healthy enough to be assisting with weight bearing. Take toe back to the solid yellow line between 10 and 2. Purple hashes are on a tag of material that needs to be removed.

RF dorsal: Blue areas are flared wall that needs to be tightened up.

RF lateral: Same issues as the LF, except this one has more underrun heels and the entire foot has pushed more forward . Back the toe in the blue area.

RF sole: Same idea as the LF: back toe to the solid yellow line, bevel the rest of the foot inward so that everything outside the solid yellow line is out of ground contact. Rocker the backs of the heel buttresses to assist in getting the heels to relax down and back.

Use boots and pads as needed for comfort.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR

Lesley Bludworth

When Lavinia says rocker the backs of the heels
RF "Rocker the backs of the heel buttresses to assist in getting the heels to relax down and back"
Does she mean the back area of the foot,  making the heel look more underrun?
Or rocker the outside wall of the heel area?
I have taken off all the hoof wall areas marked in yellow and the toes back but Im not comfortable doing stuff to the heel.
The trimmer comes tomorrow.
--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

It means make the heels look like the back of a ski.