Uploading xrays

Thurstonjs@...

Hi, to upload xrays, do I create another folder or file within the case history folder? Thank you.
--
Jackie Thurston
Suffolk, VA 2021

Sherry Morse

Hi Jackie,

X-rays would go into a photo folder along with any other pictures you have of Rose.  To do that go to https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photos and click on the link that says "New Album" and name it "Jackie and Rose".  Please label any photos as outlined in the Wiki: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/1482#Photos-and-Hoof-Evaluation-Help

Thurstonjs@...

Thank you, I hope I did this correctly. I need to name some xrays and delete duplicates. I will start a new thread but meanwhile, could someone look at her xrays when time permits? She has had 2 trims so far, backing toe.
--
Jackie Thurston
Suffolk, VA 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jackie%20and%20Rose

Good job Jackie!  Her toes were definitely too long and not a lot of sole in July and she has some pretty significant sidebone in both feet.  She's very cute though!

Thurstonjs@...

She is definitely a cutie for sure!  Thank you for looking at the pics. Her sole is very thin. My farrier said she may never grow it. That said, she seems to be comfortable and striding without discomfort. I want to start working with her soon, groundwork, but am concerned about her feet. Would you boot her?

Thank you, again Sherry!
--
Jackie Thurston
Suffolk, VA 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jackie%20and%20Rose

Hi Jackie,

As far as boots I would go by what she tells you.  If she's comfortable on the footing that you have I would probably err on the side of no boots, but if she starts acting at all sore then I'd want something in the way of hoof protection (assuming it's coming from her soles).

Thurstonjs@...