Topics

Vet on board with Invokana- actively laminitic and in season

Cayuse is actively laminitic this morning after an amateur fake out move two days ago acting like pads fixed everything. My vet is on the way to take radiographs with blocks. When I mentioned that my noncycling mare was actively cycling, he mentioned a shot of some estrogen-like medication. Are we familiar with it and is it worth a try? I’m thinking of taking blood samples again to check for mate issues. Will banamine interfere?

No, I’m not breathing.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

Nancy C

Hang in Cass.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2020 NO Laminitis! Conference, October 23 - 25, Harrisburg, PA

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Edited

You might as well breathe - that won't help!

I sent your vet the file. Not sure what injection he has in mind but as long as it's estrogen, not progesterone, it's OK.  Her LH, FSH, progesterone in the past weren't typical but weren't normal either.

The cycling is consistent with shedding well this year - pergolide  working.

Keep breathing Cass.  Won't do you any good to hold your breath, or Cayuse either.

LJ Friedman

-- I’m following this thread. Thinking that invokana will/ might/ should  stop the laminitis, have you started it yet? And when?

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Maxine McArthur

Hang in there, Cass. Breathe, we’ve got your back.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

Kirsten Rasmussen

So sorry to hear that Cass.  I hope the invokana helps her.  Keep us posted.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lynn

We will breathe with you Cass... You have the best resource in the world right here in this group..it will be okay.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

How long was she off Jiaogulan before she worsened?

J-herb has been off and on for the past 5 weeks.
Around April 15 I stoped J-herb pending an eye exam after the positive leptospirosis titer.
By May 2, I resumed J-Herb after eyes checked out ok.
On May 19, when I found so much bruising at the toes, I briefly took her off for a few days  and resumed on May 23.