Vinnie Update with 37.5mg Invokana

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi all, just wanted to share the latest update.

We ran insulin, triglycerides, acth and glucose after Vinnie had been on the low dose if Invokana at the time of the test he had been at the 37.5 mg dose for 17 days. (Started 4/9)

Triglycerides 60  ---range 14 - 65 mg
Glucose 106  --- range 71 - 122 mg/dL
ACTH 25.2 pg/mL --- range  9 - 35
Insulin Baseline Equine 42.02 uIU/mL  ---range 10 - 40
Leptin Baseline 7.90 ng/mL  ---range 1 - 10

I have a note into my vet to see if we should consider increasing invokana a smidgen to maybe 50mg.

Dr Kellon, I will update CH with all the latest. I am behind due to Summer's hospitalization2 weeks ago:)

Thanks Nan--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca
Joined Nov 2018

Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

I updated my CH, added bloodwork to my folder, and added another image of the urine glucose strip from last week 6 hrs post dose of 37.5mg and added the newest hay test to our hay folder.

Thanks Nan
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Dr Kellon, with my new hays and since we are doing free choice up to about 24lb per day, should I be adjusting my minerals? We are using Uckele Glycocemic Eq in the morning and uckele Ubalance Foundation at night.  Also should I be adding a scoop of tri aminos  since he is only getting the one scoop of Ubalance Foundation?

With the slight insulin change up to 42.2 would you increase invokana slightly or adjust my ratios of hay to bring the esc+starch a little lower? He is still needing to gain about 25lb IMHO.

Thanks Nancy

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

We decided to increase his dose of invokana to 56.25mg which is 1/8 +1/16 of a 300mg pill.

I am going to order the 100mg so we can half dose that to 50mg.

Thanks Nancy
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Here is a little video of out short walk. Trying to keep things under 8mins in one setting. It is about all he tolerates at the moment. I think some off steps will be coming from.his ringbone. He truly is doing great and his body looks the best it has looked since he was about 16.

https://youtu.be/2ez5vsH3yyA
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Joy V

Nancy, Vinnie looks great.  He's so cute.  How wonderful to see him doing so well, glad you shared that video!

--
Joy and Willie (PPID/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019

I think he's looking absolutely fantastic Nancy!  I agree that maybe a bit more weight but I'd be really careful with not going too far the other way at this point.