We lost Alley...

Annette

We lost Alley in the early hours of this morning. She became severely ataxic and blood tests taken this week indicated EPM though it is very very rare around here. I am not sure if Cushings/IR were contributing factors. She only had the one bout of laminitis in 2018, and 1 mg of Prascend and a balanced diet kept her well though  the Prascend took its toll on her appetite. Her feet were solid and looked great.  Earlier this year,  she gave me nine of the best rides I have had on her since she was diagnosed in 2018.  But tonight, she went down and did not have the strength or coordination to get up. This mare was the closest to my heart of any I have owned. I have known her since the day she was born, 21 years ago, and have owned her since she was a weanling.  I would appreciate it if one of the moderators would record this loss wherever it should be recorded. I have very much appreciated being able to tap into the knowledge base provided by this group. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in.
--
Annette and Alley
October 2018, Moscow, Idaho

Jennifer Murphy

Maxine McArthur

Annette I’m so sorry. Your love for Alley shines through your words. We grieve with you.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

Jamie Miller

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry.  I can understand the heartbreak, but you were her faithful companion while here on earth. Find comfort in the fact that she is at peace and running free.
--
Jamie Miller
Louisville, Kentucky, USA

fullcirclefarmhorses@...

barefooted4

Peace to you during this difficult transition.
--
Kristie Brand  2010
Arcanum, Ohio

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

So sorry, Annette. Both age and the PPID can weaken immunity. The organism may even have come in on some hay you bought.

Lynn

Annette, I can't imagine what you must be feeling having so much history with your girl. Truly sorry for your loss. It's never easy under any circumstance. You have some wonderful memories to hold in your heart once the grief begins to soften. Prayers.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

Lesley Fraser

Dear Annette

I’m so sorry - absolutely heartbreaking.

--
Lesley and over the bridge Omar,
11-2012, Sutherland, UK

Omar - Case History

Bobbie Day

Oh Annette, I’m so sorry. It’s so hard when we’ve given all
we can for them. What a great mom you were to her.  I’m thinking of you.

--

Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie

So sorry to read this Annette. Lots and lots of hugs for you.  I made a note on your CH folder that Alley has passed.

Nancy C

Thinking of you Annette.

Fly free Alley.
--
Nancy C in NH

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

I am so sorry for your loss of Alley,  Annette. Thinking of you during this difficult time. I hope you find peace in the happy memories of her.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Kim Rice

Annette,  I am so sorry you lost your girl.  I know how you feel as I lost my heart horse of 20 years in 2019.  I am so glad you two got in some good rides for you both to remember.
--
Kim R, Lafayette, CA  2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Shomee

So sorry Annette, from the bottom of my heart.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

Deb Walker

So very sorry for your loss.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Qhgirl

Annette,
So very sorry to know about Alley. She was fortunate to have a great caretaker like you. Remember the good times. She is now pain free and running free. Hugs.
--
Janet and Chicy
Chester SC

hdavis

Joy V

I'm so very sorry Annette.

--
Joy and Willie (EC/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019

Case history:  Willie's Case History
Willie's photo album:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=275142

Carla Anderson Peters

I am truly very sorry.  Healing hugs to you.

--
Carla

December 2013, WI

Cupcake and Gunnar's Case Histories