Topics

When to re-check ACTH - past issues in July and September

Tracy

Hello everyone -
Salsa is on one Prascend a day.  Started that fall 2019 when first dx PPID.
Mid-July of last year and again in September he had about a week in each when I noticed increased urination and drinking and he was a bit lethargic.
I thought back and had noticed similar issues in 2019 around those same times before he was dx as PPID.
The July issues seem to coincide with our first SUPER hot weather - 100+ and humid.  Coincidence?

When should I test this summer to get an idea of if I need to increase his Prascend ahead of mid-July?
Late June?  Early July?

I want good info from the blood work - but I sure want to get ahead of any ACTH rise before the symptoms make him uncomfortable.

Thanks!

--
Tracy and Salsa (1999 model year Paso Fino)
Middle TN USA, September 2019

Sherry Morse

Hi Tracy,

I would plan on testing a month before you noticed symptoms which would mean testing about the middle of June.